Improving Your Health Through Diet - Identifying the Best Superfoods
Improving Your Health Through Diet - Identifying the Best Superfoods
Posted on April 30, 2020
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could eat certain foods (superfoods if you like) and see shocking and inspiring leaps in how good you feel and the overall state of your health?
There are certain foods that can help you boost your overall health and feelings of wellbeing based solely on their nutritional value.
Here’s what you need to know.
What are Superfoods?
Mostly plant-based, superfoods are foods that have been identified as nutritionally dense — which makes them excellent for your health.
These foods often have high concentrations of multiple vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that make them exceptionally good for your health when you consume them.
Unfortunately, there isn’t one definitive “Superfoods” group on the nutritional pyramid so you have to hunt through some of your favorite food categories to find ideal candidates.
You’ll have to look beyond the usual labels and dig deep to identify which so-called superfoods offer you the greatest potential value in your diet.
But you also need to make sure they are in forms you find appetizing.
Otherwise, you’ll do a lot of cooking and searching and never really eat these healthy foods you need to get the health benefits you desire.
While fruits and vegetables make up the bulk of superfoods, some types of fatty fish and nuts are also important superfoods for the healthy fats and protein they offer – not to mention unique health benefits, such as omega-3 fatty acids helping to reduce cholesterol, slow the growth rate of plaque in your arteries, and decreasing your risks of abnormal heartbeats.
Much like fatty fish, most superfoods offer multiple health benefits rather than just an abundance of one single nutrient.
What are the Benefits of Superfoods?
Different superfoods have different benefits.
You should know, however, that the benefits are substantial enough to make you consider eating foods you might not otherwise try.
For instance, Live Science reports some of the following superfood benefits:
Rich in antioxidants, designed to ward off certain types of cancer.
Plentiful in healthy fats, believed to be instrumental in preventing heart disease.
Fiber-rich, which can help reduce risks of developing diabetes and improve digestive health.
Abundant in phytochemicals, especially common in colorful plants, that are believed to have abundant health benefits.
The real secret you need to understand is that superfoods don’t simply contain some of these ingredients.
They contain these types of ingredients in abundance, making them incredibly valuable to people who are vulnerable to certain types of health conditions.
Unfortunately, it often takes time and imagination to work some of these superfoods into your diet.
Many of them aren’t foods people consume every day.
What Are the Best Superfoods?
The best superfoods are the ones offering the greatest concentration of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that matter most to you and your specific health concerns.
They will be different for different people, according to health risks and priorities.
These are a few superfoods that are well worth including in your diet if you have the opportunity and the will to do so.
We included many of these superfoods in our Detox Organics Superfood Formula, and there are many reasons we did that.
1. Kale. Once thought of as a garnish rather than a food, it turns out we were missing out on a huge nutritional impact all these years as kale is rich in vitamins A, K, and C as well as potassium, manganese, and copper. It’s been said that kale is among one of the most nutrient-dense superfoods on the planet.
2. Spinach. Perhaps one of the most famous of the superfoods, spinach has been widely maligned. It’s rich in protein, which is essential for building those healthy muscles Popeye was known for. In fact, nearly one-third of its calories are in the form of protein. But it is equally beneficial for beautiful glowing skin, vibrant healthy hair, and strong bones thanks to its abundance of iron, vitamins, and minerals (in addition to protein).
3. Acai berry. Antioxidant rich berries are believed to be instrumental in helping with arthritis and addressing erectile dysfunction. One study from the UCLA School of Medicine revealed that Acai berries may help to reduce the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol in overweight individuals.
4. Goji berry.Credited with a wide range of health benefits, goji berries are widely believed to assist with boosting immune health, preventing premature aging, and protecting against multiple illnesses including diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
5. Beetroot. Rich in iron, folate, nitrates, betaine, and magnesium, beetroot has also been touted for its anti-inflammatory and vascular-protective effects, as well as an aid in dementia prevention.
6. Turmeric root. An ancient superfood, it has only become popular among western audiences in recent years. There is evidence to support claims that turmeric root can help with blood sugar management, promote wound healing, and act as an anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-malarial treatment, and as an anti-parasitic.
7. Wheatgrass. A powerful force for reducing pain and inflammation thanks to P4D1, a powerful gluco-protein. One study revealed it could be an adjunct treatment for ulcerative colitis, while others proclaim it offers multiple benefits, including having anti-inflammatory, anticarcinogenic, immunomodulatory, anti-aging, antibacterial, diuretic, and laxative properties.
8. Barley grass. This grass is often referred to as a “free radical scavenger” locking on to these free radicals and rendering them powerless while also reducing pain and inflammation, making it an impressive superfood for people seeking pain and/or inflammation relief or looking to reduce cell toxins.
The big picture is that these little vegetables, fruits, and grasses pack a powerful punch when it comes to nutritional value — and it doesn’t even touch the energy and mood-boosting benefits superfoods have to offer.
Detox Organics: An Easy Way to Get Superfoods into Your Diet
As you can probably tell from the list of superfoods listed above, working healthy amounts of these foods into your daily diet might be a struggle with all the food prep and planning involved.
Fortunately for you, Detox Organics offers a simpler, much tastier superfoods solution.
One of our delicious shakes per day provides you with the nutritional benefits of 25 organic superfoods!
Transform your health, boost your mood, and get your life back on track with these amazing shakes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
How to Eat Healthy in the Climate of Information Overload
In the age of COVID-19, there is so much information we are being fed every day, and it can be overwhelming.We are...
Why Your Energy Drink is Destroying Your Immune System?
8 Simple Steps You Can't Ignore to Improve Your Health
Better health is something we all want.Some are willing to work a little harder than others to get it.Of course, there are things...